Thursday, April 05, 2007

Why I love Sanjaya




Yes, you read that correctly. I can't get enough of him. In fact, I voted for him, not once, twice, but three times this week! But Ben, what would make you do such a thing? It's simple really: American Idol is a joke. Originally, I was voting for Chris Sligh, but ever since he was kicked off the other night, I have lost all respect. American Idol is just like every other pop show on tv--driven by image. I disagree with Simon when he says "this is a singing competition." Umm, no it's not. It's about short skirts and mohawks. But that is not the half of it. The other half is "vote for the worst," or should I say "vote to bring AI to its knees." The producers of AI have probably realized that their show is losing so much respect it's ridiculous. But it's Fox's fault: they chose Sanjaya. Nobody forced them to put him into the final 24. I think that Sanjaya is the best thing for AI, because it's (hopefully) making them realize that if they are not careful, Sanjaya could win and destroy the entire AI ecosystem. Instead of picking contestants that have attractive images, maybe they should pick them for, hold on a sec, their voices.

4 comments:

Beez said...

Ewwww, Sanjaya isn't even attractive!!!

Nate said...

that's a man?

Lucy P said...

Amen--I've been saying the same for years.

The Last Hour Blog said...

When I see Sanjaya... there is only one word that immediately comes to mind.... masculine.

How Many Since 3/19/07?