Saturday, February 17, 2007

My Valentine

Ben, of course, is my valentine. What gift do you give Ben that makes him the happiest? Sweets obviously! So I made him the pictured valentines dessert (directions on my food blog) from leftover chocolate and oreos I had from the truffles. :) Then sprinkled it with powdered sugar...and gave him a card with loving words written inside.

We decided to do an inexpensive valentines this year. To me, that means make him something. To him, that means get me nothing. Although, I'll spare you the details of my frustration and crying (why must I be a woman?) and let you know that the next day he did make me a card. It included a cut-out of Ben's twin, football player Ben Rothlesburger (sp?) telling me he loves me. I gathered that meant Ben Gladd loves me, too. :) Vday...just a day to make women become even more critical of their husbands. Poor guys.

Even so, I'm expecting next year's Valentines to be much more exciting. But, I have 362 or so more days to find out!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Ben! Last year for my birthday Aaron gave me the boxed set from the 3rd season of Everybody Loves Raymond....um, I watch that show occasionally on reruns....and why the 3rd season? And another year he gave me this random jeweled incense diffuser of some sort. I said maybe this year I should just pick something out myself....haha!

Beez said...

oh girls... V-day is just another hallmark gimmick to get people to buy more cards.. chocolate, flowers, and other crap.. ha!! We all know our husbands love us.Guys are just differnt like that. :)

Anonymous said...

Classic!! :)

Anonymous said...

Nikki...we had an inexpensive valentine too...uhh so pretty much I didn't get anything...not even a card. and I made dinner and dessert. woohoo...isn't it great being married to a gladd
~ Heather

Vicki said...

hahaha... why do all of our husbands sound the same? ;) hehe

actually, chris and i didn't do anything, but he kept calling me and letting me know that he wanted to be home with me rather than at church all day (since it was a wed.). very sweet...

Anonymous said...

Well, I think that stinks! V-day has been around a lot longer than Hallmark has. And I bet if you didn't do anything special for the guys on SuperBowl Sunday, they would not be happy!

Sorry, guys who don't do anything special for their wives on this one day out of the year are self-absorbed.

How Many Since 3/19/07?