Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful for New Friends

It took a little while for me to decide what to blog about this year for Thanksgiving.  We're thankful for so much, but I didn't want to bore you with listing it all... from family and friends to Ben's graduation to good health to having food on the table to having an affordable place to live to find a church we love, etc.So, I chose one of these to post about today.  We are so thankful for all of our friends.  I'm thankful how I have become good friends with Ben's friends and Ben has become good friends with my friends.  But, this particular post is about the friends we have made as a couple.   It's about the friends neither one of us brought into the relationship, but the ones we developed together.
When we first got married and lived in Wheaton, it was a struggle to find friends.  We found a few, but not many that we just "meshed" with completely.  We were starving for the type of friendships we had (and still have) in our college friends who live across the country.  

Now, a little over three years later, I can say we have finally filled that void.  We love our new friends!

So, through out this post are photos I've found of our new friends.  Please remember, we love all of our friends from college, too, but this particular post is about our new friends.  And, if you are a "new" friends but there isn't a photo of you on here...it's simply because I don't have one!  :)  

Thank you, friends, for being like family to us.  Thank you, friends, for loving us.  Thank you, friends, for all of the fun.  Thank you, friends.

Of course, I can't talk about friends without posting this fun photo from a couple of years ago:

1 comment:

MTR said...

Hey, we made the friends pics! Thanks! Great to have you guys as friends, and if we were lame and without a babysitter most of the time, we'd definitely be hanging out far more!!!

How Many Since 3/19/07?